A vacuum sealer can help to save both time and money if put to the right use. You can prepare larger meals and save left over so you have something in hand in times of rush and you can enjoy food with best of its freshness
To achieve perfect contamination free freezing, it’s also important to take into consideration the hygiene level of the vacuum sealer as it is exposed to raw meat and other raw food items that carry air borne bacteria that can affect the life of vacuum sealer as well as your health.
As vacuum sealer is a great investment in your kitchen, it’s crucial to have a complete guide on how to clean a vacuum sealer because the cleaning of vacuum sealer can prolong its longevity.
There are different kinds of vacuum sealers available in the markets which have unique cleaning needs, for your convenience I am discussing two main types of them to give you an idea on what parts should be cleaned and how it should be done:
The Container Vacuum Sealer
It resembles to the storage container with a unique lid and has a vent to which the hose is attached. The hose sucks all of the air from the container to give it a vacuum seal.
So it’s important to clean the hose thoroughly as it traps the maximum liquid and other substances. Though other parts of the vacuum sealer also needs cleaning but when you specifically use container vacuum sealer, always keep its hose clean before sealing the next batch of food for storage.
Industrial Vacuum Sealer
It is the largest among all and is used in packaging companies to do greater work with greater speed at a bigger scale. Due to the efficiency, it’s important to clean it thoroughly to prolong its longevity and smooth sealing capabilities. In industrial vacuum sealers’ scrubbing is also done with mild chemicals to remove the sturdy remains buildup due to use at a bigger scale. That’s how not only the overall appearance is maintained but also the hygienic value of the machine.
Following Are the General Guidelines for Cleaning Vacuum Sealers
When it comes to cleaning vacuum sealers, you must follow some standard guidelines to make sure you are doing this the right way no matter the types of vacuum sealer. There are many ways in which you can end up messing up with your machine so to avoid all such unfortunate incidents please follow the guidelines below:
- For kitchen based vacuum sealers, cleaning is less time consuming but it largely depends on the usage of vacuum sealer. Remove the vacuum sealer from the electric source. Always make sure to never clean it with electric source on.
- Damp a paper towel or a sponge in water or in mild soap to start the cleaning. An important note here is, that the sponge must not be overfilled with water or mild soap because too much of the liquid will make a mess.
- Vacuum sealer should also not be submerged in water or else it will hamper the working and efficiency of the machine because the inner machinery will be disturbed.
- Use a damp cloth, wipe the machine thoroughly including its buttons and vacuum channel, a channel is an important part of the machine that traps all the excess fluid and air before sealing the food items. These fluids have high chances of containing bacteria hence thorough cleaning of vacuum channel is important to ensure hygienic sealing of food items.
- Once the vacuum sealer is cleaned with a mild soap rinse the cloth and clean the remains of soap from the sealer. Make sure the surface is not sticky due to any remains of soap and proper cleaning is done.
- Allow the vacuum sealer to dry, after that you can use it for sealing food stuff again. Before plugging in make sure it’s completely dry because if not, it can result in an electric shock.
- Always avoid using any harsh chemical for cleaning purposes, since it presents the risk of contaminating your food products and in severe cases can poison the consumer of food leading to many health issues in case of slow poisoning.
What to Do After Cleaning a Vacuum Sealer?
When you have cleaned your vacuum sealer just according to the above-mentioned cleaning guidelines, you can go back to your routine vacuum sealing. Cleaning has added more longevity to your machine and the food packages will be hygienic to ensure the health of food consumers. Can sealer machines, kitchen sealer, industrial sealers, etc. when cleaned according to their specific requirements provide great results for a long time.
Vacuum sealers should be cleaned daily preferably because daily buildup can lead to unhealthy food packages and also affect the efficiency of the machine. So, never delay the cleaning session and if not daily then weekly cleaning sessions must be scheduled to ensure better performance and hygiene level of your machine.
Since vacuum sealers are food appliances and a significant part of modern kitchens, they come in contact with dry, raw and various kinds of foods on almost daily basis. To keep your pocket away from any maintenance or replacement costs, cleaning is imperative. For if it gives up on sealing food efficiently, the poorly sealed food packages will spoil unpredictably resulting in loss of money and precious time that had went into preserving them in the first place. So to save your money and time, and also meet your “I want to vacuum” needs, cleaning your vacuum sealer is a must.
After cleaning your vacuum sealer, you can use it normally and expect it to stay around for a long time and as mentioned above, planning and scheduling cleaning session is always required for further benefits.
The cleaning of both kitchen and industrial vacuum sealer is nearly same but cleaning of industrial vacuum sealer is laborious and may consume more time to clean. Mild anti bacterial cleaning agents are used to protect its different coatings so that it’s not corroded.
With time modern vacuum sealers have revolutionized the cleaning task; most trays are dishwasher safe now. The hose however, should be cleaned thoroughly as most trapped liquids and air is present there.
In a crux, vacuum sealer is an important investment to the kitchen or packaging industries but its efficiency can be improved and longevity can be increased if cleaning guidelines are followed which will ensure hygienic sealing of food stuff too.